Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 in review

My backyard right now - (just because a post with no photos is lame)


Everyone probably knows this, but January is named for the Roman god Janus, who was in charge of beginnings and endings, transitions and time. His two faces look back to the past and forward to the future. (Guess it was tough for him to live in the present!)

Today I'm looking back over 2013 to see how I did with the goals I put out there a year ago.

I said I wanted to publish 18 patterns - I actually published 25! Somewhere along the way I got it in my head that I was supposed to do two a month, so I am really happy to be able to put this in the 'accomplished' column. My only other stated goal was to reduce stash - I have no idea if that happened. I've been using stash as KAL and test knit gifts but have also added quite a bit and really don't want to take the time to do the math. Let's just say I didn't reach this one.

I didn't actually SAY that I wanted to finish outstanding WIPs, but I did list them - all 11. One got frogged so I could use the yarn for something else, one got worked on a bit. The others? Untouched.

As far as what I DID knit:
16 sweaters
7 shawls
16 cowls/scarves
3 hats/headbands
that's 41 things and all of them were my designs! I used to like to pile them all up and take a photo, but that also sounds like too much work :P

Tomorrow I will look forward into 2014!

Happy New Year everyone! Have a safe and wonderful New Year's Eve!