Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring is here


I did get the afghan seamed. It is blocking on my bed at the moment. Still have a bunch of ends to weave in so it won't technically be done until tomorrow (or whenever I finish those ends.)


I did cast on for Abalone. Am about 1/3 done.


Still plugging along on Citron. Only one section left before the ruffled edging, but the rows are getting longer and longer.


Melody III is hanging out in the purse and getting a bit knit on it every now and then.


When I finish Citron, I plan to cast on for Brandywine in Yarn Chef's Mulligatawny in the Bramblebush colorway, or Wandering the Moor in Yarn Chef's Mulligatawny in the Midnight Showers colorway. When I finish Abalone, I think I'll do the Vine Bolero I was thinking about last time. The yarn (Sundara's Aran Silky Merino) is the same base as the Yarn Chef Daube I'm knitting with now. I'm trying to keep myself down to one shawl and one sweater plus the ever-present purse Melody.


In the first quarter of Stashdown, I knit/sold/gave away 2.6 times as much yarn as I bought. I'm okay with that. I was actually able to free up a few yarn storage containers. I need to keep that ratio for the rest of the year to get the stash down to a managable, less guilt-inducing level.
April plans -
- finish Merrywood II
- finish Citron
- finish Abalone
- start and finish another shawl
- start and finish another sweater