Wednesday, May 6, 2009

April is Kaput

And I didn't do so great on my knitting plan, except that I did knit 80 yards more than I bought! Turns out that about 75% of my knitting was done on the go or in 5 minute snatches, which is not condusive to most lace projects, which is all I had on the needles. I did finish the Yarn Chef cowl in April and have already finished the Travel Shawl this month.


It's been very grey here for the past few days, so I have no pictures yet of the Travel Shawl.



Stash enhancement:

Madelinetosh Tosh Worsted in Turquoise - not quite as turquoise as I'd expected, but I think I still like it.


I also have some Yarn Chef goodies that should be here tomorrow. Two skeins of Mulligatawny and one of Souffle.

I've started a wishlist of Yarn I Want -
Tanis Green Label in Olive, Moss, Garnet, Sand, Amber (I'm not sure she's doing Olive anymore though...)
Dream in Color Classy/Smooshy in Shiny Moss, Purple Rain, Chinatown Apple, Cocoa Kiss, Gothic Rose, November Muse, Strange Harvest
MadTosh Worsted in Dahlia, Fjord, Kale, Logwood, Moss, Norway Spruce, Olivia, Oxblood, Rose, Sequoia, Silver Fox, Wash
Malabrigo Lace
Yarn Chef Chiffon
Sundara Worsted or Sport in sweater quantity
Apparently I only want to knit with hand-dyed yarn anymore.

Here's another attempt at predicting what I will be knitting this month (I don't know why I'm bothering with this!)
1. Continue to work on Apres Surf. Finishing would be nice. But lace on 3's is slow going. Plus there's a hood.
2. Finish the Blackberries scarf already! Geez.
3. Pull out my mostly finished top-down raglan in Seafoam Comfy. Work on it.
4. I really should finish up the afghan that's supposed to go to college with DD.
5. Start Amelia.