Friday, January 12, 2007

The rows are getting shorter!

The sleeves and body of Husband's sweater have been joined, and I'm well into the decreases. Hope to have it done over the next 2 or 3 days. Still procrastinating about the ties on the baby sweater, but Daughter hasn't finished her baby sweater yet, so I'm in no big hurry (yet.) I got the yarn I need to finish the Iraq hat, so hopefully that will be done soon.

Went to the LYS to pick up that yarn and spend a gift certificate. I've been wanting to make some vests, so I got Cheryl Oberle's Folk Vests. I see several I'd like to make, but I also want to design one myself. I think I will have to make a couple from patterns first to get the hang of it.

Sort of fell off the wagon already as far as the yarn diet goes, but there were extenuating circumstances. I needed one skein of Cascade 220 to finish my felted bag, and it's just crazy to pay $5 to ship one $6.60 skein of yarn, so I ordered 4 other colors I've been wanting to see. (I wish you could get a Cascade 220 color card!) Also, Husband had a potentially major health scare that ended up being not-so-bad (but still scary) so I guess I bought yarn for stress management! At least it was under $40. Cheaper than therapy.