Monday, January 22, 2007

.. or maybe I'll post pictures on Monday...

Baby kimono
Calorimetry
Iraq hat
Husband's sweater

The second baby sweater is still waiting to be seamed. You can't tell in the picture, but the first one is in Pistachio (page green) Aurora 8. The second one is in Blue Topaz (pale blue) Aurora 8. Calorimetry is in Moss Aurora 8, with a little cable action thrown in. I only cast on 92 stitches for this one. The Iraq hat is in black Aurora 8 (I swear, it's just a coincidence that I knit so many things at once out of Aurora 8.) The husband sweater is EZ's seamless saddle shoulder sweater in Cascade 220 Lichen. I finished reknitting the top of my orange tweed sweater today. I need to graft the underarms and then it will be done (again.)

That means I have over a week to finish my friend's scarf (once the yarn arrives,) seam the baby sweater, graft the orange tweed sweater's underarms, and finish the bag to felt and I will have accomplished my January goals. I may get a head start on February today because knitting the bag is my mindless knitting and that's not what I feel like doing this afternoon. I've received the vest book I ordered, and while nothing much grabs me, I think it will help me in designing my own. I also found Ann Budd's Grand Plan Vest Chart in an old Interweave Knits which should be helpful. I know the vest is a March project, but I never said I couldn't start early! Besides, I have a lot of research to do before I pick up the needles for that project.